Breastcancerandme

I started this blog because one of my friends asked me to. I guess it was an easy way for people to stay in touch, and to be a suport through this journey called cancer. I have found though, that people are taking away different things from this blog and now, I see it more as an opportunity to share thoughts of life, and to reach out to others, and not just cancer patients and survivors.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It is funny how, even when having cancer consumes you,life keeps rearing its ugly head. I have had a very stressful couple of workdays (I need to work to pay the bills). My manager, because I am working from home, is sticking the knife into my back. Just what I need. And since the job is in Shanghai and I am resident in Singapore, I am far too easy a target.

While things were going well, I thought I could get through treatment, then go back to Life. Now, I am beginning to think - perhaps I need to reassess my life and job. Do I want something so lacking in common decency that your manager tries to stick you when you are diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer? What kind of bastards are they?

I cannot get past the anger - and actually, what should have been a really good day (taking Day 2 of the second round of chemo very well) has turned out to be a rather waste of a day dealing with the office crap. And I do not have the time to waste on this. Every day should be as close to great as I can get it.

What is the point of this post - well, merely to vent, to ruminate and to stay open to any suggestions from the universe - apart from 'nuke the bastards', of course.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some people are reading your blog. Thanks for sharing. Good venue for you to vent your frustrations. One wouldn't really understand until she or she is faced with a similiar predicament. Hang in there. One of your golden quality is resilence. I have seen you lift yourself up despite many setbacks. The world is filled with many stupid and annoying people. But, then again, you do meet some good ones either whom happen to be your friends. hahahaha. Take heart. You are not alone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home