Breastcancerandme

I started this blog because one of my friends asked me to. I guess it was an easy way for people to stay in touch, and to be a suport through this journey called cancer. I have found though, that people are taking away different things from this blog and now, I see it more as an opportunity to share thoughts of life, and to reach out to others, and not just cancer patients and survivors.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

What does a woman do when she feels uncertain - or even if things are going swimmingly? Retail therapy is the answer! After years of being totally focused on work and going into the office (I don't have much of a casual wardrobe), I am finally being irresponsible. I have a casual, boho-chic wardrobe, am dressing half my age and am experimenting with all sorts of headwear and hair accessories - all items I will never be able to wear into an office and still give the impression of being a responsible adult.

Why does cancer have to be a drag? Why can we not have some fun, wherever we find ourselves in life? Life does not not have to be hard strife, even though many times, as we each go through our daily challenges, we lose sight of this. We focus on getting through it. Why should we not enjoy 'it', have fun with 'it', tease 'it', challenge 'it', laugh in 'it's' face, kick 'it' in the butt?

Come on, it's all transitory anyway. Here today and gone tomorrow. Celebrate the moment - and live a little!