Breastcancerandme

I started this blog because one of my friends asked me to. I guess it was an easy way for people to stay in touch, and to be a suport through this journey called cancer. I have found though, that people are taking away different things from this blog and now, I see it more as an opportunity to share thoughts of life, and to reach out to others, and not just cancer patients and survivors.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

So far so good. I made a vow to eschew all deep fried food and so far, save for one occasion when I had gobbled up all the tempura on my plate before I could think, I have managed to keep to it. How? Very simple - by taking the long way round, rather than walking past any food stall with deep fried food. Hey, never let it be said that I am unaware of my weaknesses!

The end of this week will put me exactly at the half-way point of radiation therapy. No major side effects so far, except for some fatigue in the afternoons, where one feels tired, but enough to fall asleep. Most annoying, as this means I sit up in my bed trying to fall asleep but all the while thinking about the work I could be doing since I am not yet asleep.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday who told me about how, after almost 6 months of major stress about her business, and waiting for God to provide guidance, she finally heard from Him and he has basically given her a whole business plan! Boy, I keep hearing from people about how God has provided with a blueprint for action. I wish I could have a blueprint which tells me the purpose to which I am called. No such luck, so far.

I admire her faith - losing money, suffering the jeers of people because she refused to take a single step that was not confirmed by God, even one that made logical sense to the human intellect - such as doing some advertising! I feel suitably rebuked, as I seek to try to jiggle open various doors to the post-treatment world.

She is the second person this week to have told me that she has received a blueprint from God. However, my other friend tells me has to wait for the signal to put the plan into action. So she is waiting. Wow.

So, where does that leave me? Well, I believe that these conversations, all happening in the same week, tell me that 'to everything there is a season'. I am in a season of waiting. No point pushing things - God will act in His own time. I think these revelations are meant to be encouraging and I will take them as such - and wait without grumbling...might as well have some fun, while there's fun to be had!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home