Breastcancerandme

I started this blog because one of my friends asked me to. I guess it was an easy way for people to stay in touch, and to be a suport through this journey called cancer. I have found though, that people are taking away different things from this blog and now, I see it more as an opportunity to share thoughts of life, and to reach out to others, and not just cancer patients and survivors.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

'Be still and know that I am God'.

I think this is one of the most beautiful lines in the Bible. I don't quite know where it is from, but I have had occasion in the past - many, many times in fact - to take great comfort from this single, simple, yet rich-in-meaning sentence.

Essentially, what it means is - to me - be at peace, for I, God, am in control. I will look after you, for you are Mine. I will do great things for you, go to any lengths for you, perform miracles for you. There is no need to worry or fret. Such is the length and breadth of almighty God, and His love for us.

This line is also on a plaque in the meditation room in my church. It was put up during a week when this sentence kept appearing - in Gospel readings, when I read the bible, in Christian publications I received in the mail, even in email messages. I felt it was something at that time that God particularly wanted to tell me.

Today, my cousin, who was diagnosed with cancer about a month after me, sent me an email with this sentence in it - and it reminded me of the times I had heard this line before. And as before, I take great comfort from it. (Thanks, Jackie!)

So(for now, at least), I will be still. I will seek this stillness where God is. And as I lay me down to sleep, I am, for now...OK.