Breastcancerandme

I started this blog because one of my friends asked me to. I guess it was an easy way for people to stay in touch, and to be a suport through this journey called cancer. I have found though, that people are taking away different things from this blog and now, I see it more as an opportunity to share thoughts of life, and to reach out to others, and not just cancer patients and survivors.

Monday, September 25, 2006

I am pleased to report that I have just completed 4 our of 6 rounds of chemotherapy. I was started on Taxotere on Saturday and absolutely loved it - what I mean, actually, is that Taxotere is a much easier regimen to take than FEC. I got home, had a good lunch, napped for 2 hoursa then actually got up to jog 3km at 6pm. Today, I managed to walk through the Orchard Road shops for 3 hours with no fatigue at all. Just a week ago, I would have been sweating with tiredness. Bought a bunch of clothese to celebrate - so much for good intentions and sticking to a budget.

So, fingers crossed, the only way is up now, baby - or so the song goes. That's all I can do with the cancer for now.

The next thing to fix is the rest of my life - the job, the finances, and my spirituality. Quite a tall order. I am taking it a day at a time - trying to control type A tendencies and worrying away at things. I still have not been able to meditate much because I am afraid of what I might hear - but I sense I will be starting soon.

Right - back to a video on DH Lawrence now. Then to bed...

Good night, all.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    way to go!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home